FROM THE MANAGER
Hurricane season is upon us and it typically lasts from June to November each year. We are all aware of the power, danger, and costs associated with these storms. I want to spend some time offering you a tips to prepare our airport, your home, and your family for a major storm.
In the days leading up to landfall, a great deal of preparation can be made to minimize the impact of the storms. For instance, moving your aircraft inside an adequate hangar and boarding up any windows are great ways to start. Something that often goes overlooked are the large amounts of equipment, cars, tractors, and debris that may be left outdoors. It's recommended that you take the time now to clean up your areas, before your "lawn ornaments" become projectiles that can cause tremendous damage. Securing ALL of your property is the best way to prevent losses and excessive repair costs.
When a hurricane arrives, the time for preparation is long gone. You need to prepare now, so you are ready at a moment's notice. Here are a few recommended steps from Ready.gov you can take to prepare:
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay. Contact your local emergency management agency for more information.
- Put together a disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate
- If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads.
- Make a family emergency communication plan.
- Many communities have text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications.To find out what alerts are available in your area, search the Internet with your town, city, or county name and the word "alerts."
WELCOME TEXAS AIRCRAFT PROPELLER & ACCESSORIES TO KLVJ
Join us in welcoming Texas Aircraft Propeller & Accessories (formally R&D Propeller) to the KLVJ Community!
Texas Aircraft Propeller and Accessories is an industry leader in the repair and sales of propellers in the Southern United States. They have a highly skilled staff of trained technicians with a combined experience of over 115 years.
With a full in-house Governor Shop, work is done in a couple of hours, not days. They have the capabilities to overhaul and repair McCauley, Hartzell and Woodward (Ontic) Governors.
They are your the best contact for a replacement propeller or STC upgrades. When you are looking for the best know-how and resources to supply just about anything you need - from propeller blades, hubs, spinners, de-ice and overhaul kits - Call Texas Aircraft Propeller & Accessories today at (281) 485-4400 or visit their website for more information www.txairprop.com.
AIRPORT PROPERTY FOR SALE
Clover Acquisition Corporation currently has five parcels listed for sale. All parcels have airfield access. For more information, contact Kent Ballard with O'Farrell Realty at (281) 639-1275 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
T-HANGAR SPECIAL - 3 UNITS REMAINING
COMMUNITY HANGAR SPACE AVAILABLE
PHOTO OF THE MONTH
A visit from a Boeing AH-64 Apache, the most advanced multi-role combat helicopter for the U.S. Army